Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To uninstall an antivirus software I went into safemode. When I tried to log in it asked me for a password and normally it asks for a pin. I do not remember the password I made when I got the computer. I have tried disabling safe mode by holding shift r and restarting and then going into startup and pressing enter to boot the operating system (Windows 10) but it remained asking for a password not a pin. In trying to fix this I have completely reset my computer and it still asks for a password and when I say reset I mean I held shift r and went and did a full reset. In the bottom right when I log on I have no internet and it only shows airplane mode even when I go into the option to go into safe mode with networking. I have no idea how to fix this I don't care if I lose all my files I would just like to be able to use my computer all my files were on the cloud.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Brody2
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you able to boot into windows login screen?
  • On windows login screen are you able to choose pin option to sign in?
  • Could please share the login screen picture with the sign options?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06243676

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.