cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Billfreeman
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Mobile printing

HP Recommended
HP All in One 8740 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All..... I have the HP8740 all in one printer.... I have the HP ePrint App installled.... the Web Services are enabled on the printer.....I also have the new SMART App installed as well, as the ePrint App will be going away soon (if not already).  When I am at home I CAN print wirelessly to the 8740 printer from anywhere around the house......HOWEVER,  I am trying to figure out this scenario (as an example):  Say you are on travel doing consulting (Texas for example)..... and you want to print a document or picture to your home computer (California for this example) while you are in Texas.....or from anywhere actually.....I know this printer is capable.....

Question is does anyone know how to do that?  If so, could someone relay how to do that.  Any assistance, knowledge/help etc, greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Dr. Bill Freeman, Ed.D.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 271 396
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Billfreeman

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, you wish to print from your device while you're away from home, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Which phone are you printing from?

You could use the HP ePrint service to print from anywhere. You could refer to this article: Click here

Hope this helps 🙂

Keep me posted,

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
Billfreeman
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.... I am using the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active.  Also I have the SMART App installed as well.

0 Kudos
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 664
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Billfreeman

Thanks for the reply,

It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

Let's try the below steps.

** Print a document or photo saved on your mobile device :

• Open the app that has the document or photo that you want to print.

• Tap the Action or Share icon, depending on your mobile device.

• Open the email app you want to print from, and then enter your printer’s email address in the To: field.

• Type a subject in the email subject line.

• Tap Send.

** Print an email message :

• Open the email you want to print, and then select Forward.

• Type your printer’s email address in the To: field.

• Type a subject in the email subject line.

• Tap Send.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation