Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
6UY82UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer is deleting all of its files every week without my permission… I’ve looked through the settings I don’t know why it is doing this. There are no error messages or notifications at all that it’s done anything. I sign on my computer and everything is gone. If you know what’s wrong and how to fix it please respond.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mad_902

Welcome to the HP support community.

Run a full anti-virus and spyware scan.

Meanwhile:-

Create a new user account to check if that works:

1. Sign in to an administrator account, and then make sure the computer is connected to the Internet.

2. In Windows, search for and open Manage your account. You can also click Start , select Settings , and then select Accounts.

Selecting Accounts on the Windows Settings home screen

3. On the Accounts window, select Family & other users, and then click Add someone else to this PC.

Selecting Add someone else to this PC

4. On the How will this person sign in? screen, choose an option depending on whether you have the sign-in information for the new account.

• If you have the sign-in information: Type the email address or phone number of the person for whom the new account is being set up, and then click Next. Click Finish. The new account is created.

• If you do not have the sign-in information: Click I don't have this person's sign-in information, and then continue with these steps.

Selecting how the person signs in to the computer

5. Type an existing email address or create a new one, type a password, select your country or region, select your birth date information, and then click Next to create a new Microsoft account (MSA).

NOTE: 

If you do not wish to create a new MSA, select Add a user without a Microsoft account, and then create a user name and password for a new local account.

Typing the email address of the person you want to add, or create a new MSA account

6. Type the user name of the person for whom the new account is being set up. Type a password in the Enter password field, then type it again in the Re-enter password field. Next, choose a security question from the Security question 1 field and type your answer in the Your answer field. Do this again for the two remaining security questions. Click Next. The new account is created.

Create an account for this PC

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.