cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Joeybaby
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My hp stream 7 tablet won't turn on

HP Recommended
Hp stream 7 tablet
I have an HP stream 7 tablet. I used it yesterday to watch video then it showed 6% so I plugged in the charger so I turned it off. When I came back it won't turn on . so I unplugged it and plugged it again but the charging icon won't show. The hp logo won't come out . HELP PLEASE! I need it for my school and work. Thank you
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,656 12,436 1,305 4,260
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Joey,

Can you try the USB cord plugged into a USB port on a PC to see if the charging icon will show?

I am wondering if your charger is actually working.

IF the tablet will not show as charging with another power source via a USB port on a PC, you might try a power button reset.

The only way to do that on the tablet is to boot into the boot options screen and run a hardware diagnostic to run the battery down 100%.

Press the power button and volume down button simultaneously until the boot options screen opens.

Choose F2 for System diagnostics and navigate to the Mem test section and run it until it dies.

Then hold the power button in for 30 seconds.

Now see if it will begin to charge.

IF you cannot get into the boot options screen because of NO POWER, you will need to contact HP Support for a warranty issue (if its still under warranty). Either the battery is bad or something on the motherboard has failed.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation