Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre

I was wondering what the command to "reset" my laptop power intake or sething like that. I know that there is a command that makes it work again involving the power/on off button. If anyone knows the command please let me know so I can save my laptop. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bob239,

Have you tried charging your laptop using a different adapter or battery?

Are you able to power on the laptop?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Check if the pin on the DC port is bent or broken.

Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
The computer starts normally or a startup menu opens.
NOTE: If your computer does not start after pressing the Power button, then a power reset did not resolve the startup issue. See Additional resources for further troubleshooting steps.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

If you are able to turn on the PC try the steps recommended below.

Update the BIOS on the PC to the latest version and check if it helps.

Run Power Troubleshooter.

On Cortana, enter  Troubleshooter then select Troubleshooting.
Click Improve power usage to open the window, then click Next. 
This should run the troubleshooter and can fix any detected issues. You may try restarting your computer and charge your battery again.

Lastly, try running a battery test from the F2 system diagnostics page and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.