cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
leo_121314
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

My pen's nib broke

HP Recommended
HP Envy Note 8
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, everyone. I have an Envy Note 8,  but recently my pen's nib broke and got lost. I've been looking for replacements, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of options in the US; as far as I know, this stylus name is "Active pen with app launcher", and in Amazon it may go for more than $100! 

That's too expensive, I don't think I should pay that much for it. So, my question is:

1) Can I change just the nib?

2) In case I can't do it, will another pen from Wacom get the job, too? I don't really care about the app launcher, but I do miss the pen's functionality (the ACTIVE PEN, I mean, I want to make myself clear...).

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,591 12,375 1,298 4,168
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello leo_121314,

That pen came with the Envy 8 Note as a set, but it looks like the HP Store is not selling that pen anymore. Other places online seem to be out. 

Problem is with HP pens, you have to specify the model number on the pen to get an exact match, otherwise using another HP pen wont work.

Wacom does say that their Bamboo Smart Stylus is HP Envy 8 Note compatible as it uses the same wacom technology.

Looks like they are going for around $40 US.

(click the link above and scroll down to read the specs)

Hope it helps. 

leo_121314
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much!That is great, I'll buy it.

0 Kudos
yatin2610
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

I have broken my nib today, did you managed to get the wacom bambo stylus ? is it working  with note 8?

0 Kudos
leo_121314
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi, yes, I bought it on wacom's proper page, it costs 35 $ and works pretty well. You have to buy the one that is for "selected devices".
0 Kudos
Martixx72
4 3 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement Nibs are available from Wacom for about $5 plus shipping (6 Nibs+Tweezer) 

Article: Bamboo Stylus Nibs ACK21716 

Compatible if you pen looks like this HP Active Pens T5E12AA   T4Z24AA   1FH00AA   

Overview  https://support.hp.com/de-de/document/c05166879  

Compatible with Elite x2 / Elite x360 / ProBook x360 / Spectre x2 12 / Envy 8 / Pavilion x2 12

EU Store

https://eu-store.wacom.com/Catalog/Accessories/Nibs/stylus-nibs-for-bamboo-smart-select-tablets-conv...

US Store

https://us-store.wacom.com/Catalog/Accessories/stylus-nibs-for-bamboo-smart-select-tablets-convertib...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation