cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
someguy101
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

My "HP SLATE 7 2800" tablet is not booting up.

HP Recommended

I Rooted my tablet and need some help getting it back it might be bricked I no it is possible to bring it back just wondering how.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, someguy101:

Try, with reset. With the tablet in off, press the on button and button volume plus (+) at the same time by 2 or 3 seconds. Then, select ... 3: wipe data/factory reset and press on button.

Kinds Regards.

Maké.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
someguy101
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already did that it goes dim white  I  think it might be dead,

can I get the firmware?

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
16,215 14,975 1,036 2,075
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@someguy101 wrote:

I already did that it goes dim white  I  think it might be dead,

can I get the firmware?

If you can't get to the recovery menu, then it's most likely bricked...

You have to use the menu to install the update.zip file from HP.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

¡ Hi !, someguy101:

The image update.zip, you can downloaded, from ... http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03678325

Kind Regards.

Maké.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
someguy101
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I fix this I no I can I have seen other people  fix this.

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, someguy101:

Read carefully, in English language and after, apply the instruction, in images, of my previous posts.

Kind Regards.

Maké.

*****************************************************************************************************

Tablets HP Slate 7 - recovery of your HP tablet system (Android 4.1/Jelly Bean)
This document makes reference to the HP Slate 7 tablet computers with the operating systemAndroid 4.1/Jelly Bean.

To perform a recovery of your HP tablet system, removed the Android operating system, and thenreinstalling using a microSD memory card. The recovery of the system does not destroy data orsettings that you saved in the tablet.

This document explains how to create recovery media and how to use them for the restoration ofyour tablet. Follow the steps in this document to perform a recovery of your tablet system.

Before you begin
Before you begin the process of recovery of the Android tablet, you need the following:

MicroSD memory card: you need a card microSD 1 GB capacity or more. All the data that contains thecard removed to create the recovery media. Make a backup copy of the files currently stored in thememory card before you begin.
MicroSD to SD card adapter and SD card reader: need an adapter and a memory card reader to createthe recovery media on your computer.
Access to other equipment: need a computer with Internet access to download the recovery imageand create the recovery media.
Creation of a recovery media
The middle of recovery is a recovery file (called "recovery image") stored on a microSD memory card.Once you create the recovery media, you can use it to restore your operating system of your tablet.Follow the steps in this section to create a means of recovery for your tablet with Android.

Insert the microSD card into the SD card adapter, and then insert the adapter into the reader's SDcard from your computer.
Format the card microSD with the FAT32 file system.
If you need instructions to format the card, do an Internet search with the phrase "format fat32memory card" and your operating system (for example, search for reformat memory card fat32Windows 7).
To download the recovery image file, go to restoration of Google Android Jelly Bean image.
Click on download.
Figure 1: Download the recovery image file
Download the recovery image file
Save the file update.zip (recovery image) on your microSD card. Do not unzip the file or rename it.
Figure 2: Download file (example for Windows 7)
Download file (example for Windows 7)
Figure 3: Save to card microSD (example for Windows 7)
Save to card microSD (example for Windows 7)
When the download is complete, close the window, and remove the card from the reader memory.
Figure 4: Download completed (example for Windows 7)
Download completed (example for Windows 7)
The recovery media is ready for use on the tablet.
How to enter recovery mode and reinstall the OS Android
Use the recovery media that you created to install a new version of the operating system Android4.1/Jelly Bean in your tablet; follow the steps in this section to do so.

With the tablet turned off, insert the microSD card recovery in the tablet card reader, which is locatedon the top edge of the tablet.

Figure 5: Inserting the microSD card
Inserting the microSD card
Hold the volume control buttons +/-and power.
When the HP logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.
The Android system recovery menu will appear after a few seconds.
NOTE: The touch screen is disabled when the tablet is in recovery mode. Use the volume up andvolume down to navigate the recovery menu and use the power button to select a highlighted item.
Use the volume down button to highlight wipe cache partition.
NOTE: The cache partition stores files that the operating system accessed frequently. Cleaning thecache partition does not delete any personal data or damage your system files.
Figure 6: The cache partition cleaning
The option of cleaning the cache partition highlighted in the Android recovery menu
Press the power button.
When the complete cache cleaning on screen message appears, use the volume down button tohighlight the update / restore from SD card.
Figure 7: Update / restore from SD card
The update / restore from SD card highlighted on the Android recovery menu
Press the power button.
Use the volume down button to highlight the recovery image file: update.zip.
Figure 8: update.zip
Update.zip
Press the power button to select the file and start the recovery.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
someguy101
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok how do I get restoration of Google Android Jelly Bean image?

0 Kudos
someguy101
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok I did all of that but when I pressed +/- and power my screen  was just white.

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, someguy101:

For reset from tablet, you only needed, go to ...

Adjust --> Security Copy --> Restore of factory

If tablet is off, you only needed ...

Press On button and volume+ button for 4/5 seconds. When appear the Hp symbol, release the pressed buttons ... then appear in the display ...

Android system recovery <3e>

Volume up/down to mode highlight;

power button to select.

reboot system now

apply update from ADB

update/recover from SD card

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

Recover system v4.1

Go to wipe date/factory reset.

Kind Regards.

Maké.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation