cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RoninWendigo
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Need help with firmware mix up

HP Recommended
HP 10 2101 Tablet US
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Had bit problem with the tablet acting up lately and accidentally erased the firmware. Did my best look up and somehow able to reinstall one from here. But the thing is now the whole tablet is in Chinese as it seems I may have installed the wrong one ....can you pls help me fix it? Much appreciate the help if ever...

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Robin Wendigo,

Thanks for choosing HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Issues language settings on the tablet. Is that right?

I would like to help you.

Follow the steps from the link below and check if that helps.

http://hp.care/2dyWVI3

Hope this helps. Let me know for more

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
RoninWendigo
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok thanks for replying and well it sort more than just the language setting.....see everything about it now is in Chinese. As in all the programs and all....there no google play in there. It is as if the whole firmware now is geared for a Chinese market or something not a usa one.

0 Kudos
Sundance67
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. My tablet quit responding and would not reboot.I decided to reinstall the KitKat 4.2.2 OS, and found two files available on the HP site. One is called "Google Android KitKat Restore Image for HP 10 - China", and the other is "Google Android KitKat Restore Image for HP 10 - WW (Excluding China, US)". From that wording, it does not appear either is for the US version. I thought I would try one first, and if that was not suitable, I would try the second one. Unfortunately I chose the wrone one and now have a Chinese tablet! When I tried to install the second one, the installation erred out, saying I could not replace a newer file with this older one. Apparently the timestamp inside the Chinese version is about two hours newer than the second file. Now I do not have a newer US version to overwrite the Chinese. The tablet is now useless unless I enroll in a Chinese language course!

0 Kudos
RoninWendigo
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
...I know, mine was constantly rebooting and shutting downon which was why I tried rebooting. So on top of the problem what you allready mention. Is that can't get even Google or any android app work with it. As it seem....come with a China base lock and sensorship program. Make it utterly useless and might as well be one worthless paperweight.

So anyone from the tech team got a good answer to this? Or is this just a waste of time and such a let down....was a good company I've trust but with this issue I don't know anymore.
0 Kudos
mdblackmale
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I don't understand is that HP has been aware of this problem for over 2 years and has neither fixed the issue or fixed the wording of the download, so it won't confuse people.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation