cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,528 133 316
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New F.OE Rev.A BIOS available for Stream 7 and Stream 8 tablets

HP Recommended

I am not sure if it was there before but I noticed a F.OE Rev.A BIOS available for the Stream 7 and Stream 8 tablets with a release date of July 14, 2015, SP71807.exe. 

It might provide better support for Windows 10, I applied it and noticed my Windows 10 login screen will auto rotate now, I don't think it did previously, it was locked in portrait mode.

3 REPLIES 3
Alex_ncfc
Level 3
59 46 1 10
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I noticed this also.

I have installed the update on my Stream 7, but I don't know what the changes are, is there a changelog anywhere out there for this new BIOS? 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kyle_b
Author
Level 10
1,591 1,528 133 316
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, frustratingly HP has not been providing change details for the Stream tablet BIOS updates.

Alex_ncfc
Level 3
59 46 1 10
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is very frustrating.

For things such as BIOS updates it's always useful to know whether it's worth applying the update or not. I would imagine this latest one is for some sort of compatibility with 10, but it'd be nice to know.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation