cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Peewee05
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New HP black ink cartridge but will not copy the documents

HP Recommended
CQ179A
Chrome OS

Not sure what you mean by enter a value for this field? Help me understand please

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,893 20,880 1,271 1,297
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Peewee05

Welcome to HP Support Community

Please ensure the cartridges are well vented and seated

1. Examine the vent area on each cartridge, above the HP logo on the top of the cartridge.

Figure : Vent area on the top of the cartridge

Image: Vent area on the top of the cartridge
  2. If the cartridge still has the orange pull-tab attached, pull to remove it.

Figure : Orange pull tab

Image: Orange pull tab.
  3. If the vent is clogged, use a straight pin to gently remove excess adhesive from the vent.

Image: Clean the clogged vent with a pin.

1. Clogged vent

2. With a straight pin, gently remove excess adhesive from the vent

3. Unclogged vent

4. With the nozzle and contacts facing down, slide the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place.

Next print a Quality Diagnostic Report and let me know if Black is printing

1. Load plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the tray.

2. From the control panel home screen, touch the Right Arrow (), and then touch the Setup icon ().

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Print Quality Report. A Print Quality Diagnostic Report prints.

Figure : Example Print Quality Diagnostic Report

Image: Example Print quality Diagnostic Report

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-5510-e-all-in-one-printer-series-b111/5053904/mod...

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation