cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
QuangVo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New HP50g stopped working

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Hp50g this afternoon for school. However, I didn't know about the diferences between the SD and SDHC cards, so I put the wrong card in. First It won't start if I don't remove 1 of the AAA batteries. Afterthat, I tried to reset the calculator by pressing the RESET button in the back. The calculator responded normally, but when I pressed the ON button, nothing happended. I tried to connect the calculator into a PC but the PC just coundnt reconize it and had some notice like " window cannot reconize a malfuntion device". I removed all the batteries for 3 hours and then inserted them back but the calculator still not working. I guess I will continue to remove the batteries and leave the calculator overnight to wait for a miracle. 

Should I contact HP tech support right now? Cause it's completely new with waranty, and I desperately need a calculator for school immediately.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,787 3,486 177 532
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, QuangVo:

Welcome, to Forum !.

The calculator HP50G only recognize SD <= 2Gb. The SDHC and SDXC, didn't are available.

1) Remove your SD, from calculator.

2) Remove all batteries 4 (AAA) and 1 coin battery (CR2032). Wait, one hour.

3) Install the batteries and press ON+F1+F6. Too, you can use paper clip point, in orifice RESET, in back cover. If reinitialize, press F1 for YES.

4) You can try, with battery charger of cellular phone, of 5VDC and 850mA aprox. with miniUSB, output connector, with or without batteries.

Next step ...

1) Format the SD, with card reader, in PC or, other device. Best if use, FAT32. You can download other SD Formatter from the Web, call ... SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Download ... http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

Note: If not solve your problem, write again.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
QuangVo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried all the methods above after leaving it overnight. Unfornately, nothing happened. I tried to remove the batteries, also tried with the cable.. but none of those things worked. I think I'' have to call HP support for further repair or to get a replacement. Thank you very much anyway.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,787 3,486 177 532
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, QuangVo:

1) Try with ON+F4 (Diagnostic Menu).

2) If nothing happened, remove all batteries (4-AAA) and 1 (coin CR2032). With papel clip extended, with each extreme, touch the terminal's (+) and (-), of the four batteries, what 10", in each. Too, with metal conductive coin, in the contact's hole of, coin battery, wait 10" in each. 

3) If nothing happened, with the extrem's of papel clip, touch the terminal of first battery, simultaneously with the ultimate terminal.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grad Student
Grad Student
167 141 11 11
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check all the batteries with a voltage meter, or just replace them with new batteries

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation