cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mcnick_1
Just joined
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

New Palm Profile for Used Palm Pre

Hi,

I bought a second-hand Palm Pre (Movistar, ES) and now want to establish a new Palm Profile so I can use the phone in Australia (Optus, AU).

How do I set up a new Palm Profile on this phone ?

It is currently running WebOS 1.4

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The Palm Profile is separate from the carrier. All you would need to do is a Partial/Full erase and sign in using an email address(This will be your username). Then you can use the device as your device with your contacts. If you have any more questions please post back. Also look at this link: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/25724_en.html for how you can move your data over to the device.

0 Kudos
mcnick_1
Just joined
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I wiped the device and started from scratch and couldn't get past the Insert SIM etc screen.

When I restarted the device, it then locked in Seting Language.

I have now gone back to WebOS 1.3.5.2 using a Meta-Doctor hack, and can run the device, use phone etc.

When I ran the First Use App, it asked for my language then did a reboot, and still not Palm Profile.

Is there a Palm website where I can set up a profile, and the use my ESN to get Palm to send the info to my phone ?

I also tried using root-based program to force a profile creation:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.accountservices/createNovaAccount {\"password\":\"YOURPASSWORD\",\"email\":\"YOUREMAIL@SOMEWHERE.com\",\"firstName\":\"YOURFIRSTNAME\",\"lastName\":\"YOURLASTNAME\",\"language\":\"en\",\"country\":\"gb\",\"questionId\":\"2\",\"response\":\"FIRSTCAR\"}

This came back with ACCOUNT_CREATION_ERROR "Could not get account server url"

Any help appreciated, as I want to download proper Palm Apps, as well as the Homebrew Apps.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

As for hacks and things of that nature that is something that we cannot help with here.

Since the device locked up on the language screen then we would need to restart the device. If that does not resolve the issue then you will need to use the webOS Doctor on the device. Reason for this step is there is no way at this stage of the device log in to do a partial/full erase.

0 Kudos
bronxvilletech
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same problem here. Had a palm pixi for a while and just realized (when I went to order a 99 cent app) that the old owners profile was setup in the phone. I frankly could care less about the "back up" portion but I just would like to be able to enter my credit card detail to order the app. How do I get this old e-mail address/password out of my phone? Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation