Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slatebook x2 10-h010nr
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
I have 10 slatebooks with the same problem. Tablet won't charge. These are new in box. They are out of warranty. I have seen on forums that this was common problem. What is the solution so they can be repaired.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Leesann wrote:
I don't understand, you guys had 1000s returns fresh out of box. You guys know how to fix it, why will you not share the solution.

What you don't seem to understand, is that this is a Volunteer-based Forum.  HP maintains no Official presence here!

"You guys" does not apply to me/us offering suggestions on this Forum.  I don't work for HP.

Searching for the same issue in the Forum produces the same response from other HP Reps who come here on occasion - Contact HP.   There is no "magic cure" that I know of.  One user explained how HP replaced the mother board after he sent it back.  This requires you to follow the directions I provided above.

Good luck!  Sorry I cannot provide a better answer for you.  I'll try to get a Moderator to look at your post, but no guarantees.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You will have to contact HP directly to pay for repairs.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/support.html

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended
I'm not interested in paying HP for repairs. I would like to know the solution to fix.
HP Recommended

@Leesann wrote:
I'm not interested in paying HP for repairs. I would like to know the solution to fix.

Here is a link form HP's Support website: Notebook does not start.  Try performing a Hard Reboot, other chargers, etc.

If all the suggestions from the above does not solve the issue, then there is little we can do here...  😞 

WyreNut

HP Recommended
I don't understand, you guys had 1000s returns fresh out of box. You guys know how to fix it, why will you not share the solution.
HP Recommended

@Leesann wrote:

What you don't seem to understand, is that this is a Volunteer-based Forum.  HP maintains no Official presence here!

"You guys" does not apply to me/us offering suggestions on this Forum.  I don't work for HP.

Searching for the same issue in the Forum produces the same response from other HP Reps who come here on occasion - Contact HP.   There is no "magic cure" that I know of.  One user explained how HP replaced the mother board after he sent it back.  This requires you to follow the directions I provided above.

Good luck!  Sorry I cannot provide a better answer for you.  I'll try to get a Moderator to look at your post, but no guarantees.

WyreNut

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.