cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 8
2,374 2,354 96 63
Message 11 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notes in contacts display incorrectly since 1.4.5 update

Hello Kathy and welcome to the Palm forums.

As stated above, Palm is reviewing this issue.  No word has been given as to when this issue will be resolved. 

One suggested work around is to tap the Edit button on the contract sheet that you are trying to view.  In edit mode on your Palm Pre, the notes field displays correctly.

Alan G

0 Kudos
KathyM_1
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, Alan!  That is extremely helpful!  I am surprised there are so few posts about this issue.  I guess I am among the few who use the Notes field extensively ... & utilize a lot of 'hard returns.'  Thanks again for the work around!  

Kathy

0 Kudos
Level 8
2,374 2,354 96 63
Message 13 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't take full credit for the work around, but I'm glad it helps you out until the issue is officially fixed.

Alan G

0 Kudos
drcarlisle
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem.  Only responding because you said there were so few comments about the problem.  Suspect there are many, many with same problem, who, like I, just read comments, see the probem is recognized, and wait for solution.  To say "me too" required registering, so I could post.  Never registered for posting any groups before!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
2,374 2,354 96 63
Message 15 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So far here in the United States, only Sprint users have access to the webOS 1.4.5 update.  I expect that there will be more people reporting this bug as soon as Verizon and AT&T come online with the update.

The good news is that Palm has already logged this issue in their database for further investigation.  The workaround that I mentioned earlier should work for Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T branded Palm Pre/Pre Plus, Pixi/Pixi Plus phones.

Alan G

0 Kudos
goldline1
6 4 0 0
Message 16 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I too have this problem - I have a ton of notes and reading them is now next to impossible.

I spent hours on the phone with Sprint tech support and was elevated to their top tier tech guys. Thier answer was to do a hard reset which I refused to do. Rebuilding all my apps, photos, and music would have been to painful!

If it were not for the tech support people at Companion Link, I'd have never known this was truly a Palm problem... too bad Sprint/Palm support isn't as good as the third party tech support - that truly shameful!

0 Kudos
Level 8
2,374 2,354 96 63
Message 17 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello goldline1,

Please see the work around at the top page 2 in this thread.  It will make your notes readable until the bug is fixed in a future release of webOS.

Is the work around a little bit annoying? Sure, but it isn't the end of the world.

Alan G

0 Kudos
adeedo
Level 2
28 22 0 0
Message 18 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The edit thing works, but to put my contacts into edit mode every time I view my notes could cause the contact to actually be edited and thus lose important data.

It is a workaround of sorts, but for something as big as this Palm should immediately fix it and put out an updated update as there probably are people that haven't downloaded it yet.

Some bugs are minor and can wait, other bugs are big and need fixed. In my mind this is one of those big bugs, and Palm not having it fixed already is part of the reason that the Palm Products are not being recommended by users.

Fix it Palm and put out 1.4.5.1 or whatever you want to call it :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
shereeg
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 19 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just a note to say I've been noticing this for a while but it wasn't until today, when I added a note directly on my phone and found it added unwanted HTML characters, that I thought to check the forum.

PLEASE fix this quickly.  It takes too long to open a contact in edit mode when I need info quickly.

Thanks,

Sheree

0 Kudos
adeedo
Level 2
28 22 0 0
Message 20 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Palms slow response to things they screw up is annoying, and it shows that they just don't care enough about their product or their customers

This update caused the error, it isn't a minor error, it is something most users that utilize contacts use everyday.

I pretty much have to go into edit mode to make sense of my notes, but it slows me down and is unacceptable.

They have been slow to fix every problem that they have created in their updates, and the severity of the problem doesn't seem to figure into the equation for them

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation