cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PDAGuy
Level 7
720 689 20 130
Message 21 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notes in contacts display incorrectly since 1.4.5 update

Well, an update requires testing, carrier approval, etc, etc.  To say they don't care is a bit unfair, even if a fix is done days after its identified and fixed it may take weeks or even months before it can come out as an update.  

Welcome to phone updates and carrier testing and schedules...

This issue is definitely inconvenient.  But the workaround works.

0 Kudos
TroonRoad
Just joined
6 4 0 0
Message 22 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm using a Pre on Verizon and just got my update to 1.4.5 pushed yesterday and have the same problem with info in the notes field.  I called Palm to report it.  I have hundreds of notes so this is a big issue for me.  I hope this gets fixed soon. 

0 Kudos
jdsctm
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Verizon Pre Plus.  I sync with Google Calendar and Contacts.  Like others, after I installed the 1.4.5 update, I noticed the same problem with notes on my Contacts.  They all have the cluttered HTML formatting, unless I go to the edit screen.  I did not see this forum thread until AFTER I had spent the better part of an hour on the phone with Verizon and then Palm tech support.  The tech person with Palm tried to walk me through a lot of different "fix" attempts......finally she came back to the phone and said this was a "known issue" and that they were working on a solution.  I asked how long that might take, and of course she had no idea. 

I told her that since the update was release over a month ago, it seemed they have had plenty of time to fix a known problem.  To me, if they know an update is going to potentially cause problems, they should advise you so you have the option of whether to install it or not.  Obviously, from reading this thread, this has been a known problem for some time!  Like others, I use the "notes" extensively, and this is very annoying to all of a sudden have a problem that you didn't have before!

0 Kudos
tab99
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This bug affects all of my contacts, not just google contacts.  Is there a way to roll back your Pre to a the previous OS until they fix the bug?

0 Kudos
Level 8
2,374 2,354 96 63
Message 25 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid or rollback a webOS upgrade.

Alan G

0 Kudos
CapnWilly
6 5 0 0
Message 26 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pre Plus, VZW. I discovered the problem and the work around right after 1.4.5. Very, very annoying. How much testing is done before a new version is sent out? One has to wonder....

0 Kudos
OUMilkMan
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 27 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can no longer be an observer of this thread. I'm throwing in my "Me Too" in hopes that additional numbers will elevate the urgency to fix this issue. I am eager to get the fix.

0 Kudos
adeedo
Level 2
28 22 0 0
Message 28 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How much testing do they do??

It sure can't be too much for something as big as this to slip by.

I still feel that when they come out with an update that screws up something else, Palm needs to address the error and fix it immediately, and not wait until they are ready to put out another update.

It wouldn't take them long to fix it, and it isn't like they would have to test everything again.

This isn't rocket science or something new they are developing, it is fixing something that worked before.

The work around as someone called it, isn't a work around at all because it is inconvienient and could cause OUR data to be lost or changed.

There is NOTHING in the release that is as important to me as having my notes display properly.

WEB OS is dead unless Palm/HP license it to other phone makers to use it so that it can build up a user base. (They ought to fix this bug first though! )

0 Kudos
Vladi
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 29 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using Exchange and Google contacts and both have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
jaredyu
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 30 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes, I have the same problem.

It's really annoying.

my device is pixi plus O2

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation