Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same here , I realised HP too manufactures Junk stuff and doesn't even have solutions to some problems which are grave. My touch screen also doesn't respond anymore.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JackDsouza,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand the touchscreen isn't working, Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did this happen after a recent software update?

Have you checked if the touchscreen works fine in Bios? 

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the PC: 

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

I would recommend you to check if the Touchscreen is responding on the BIOS by restarting the computer and tapping on the F10 key to gain access to the same (note that it's a confirmed hardware failure if the touch doesn't respond on BIOS) and you will need to contact the HP Phone support to set up a repair service (Free, if the computer is within the hp warranty).

If this works in the Bios, then this could be a possible software or driver conflict. 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue still persists, I would suggest here is to update the Bios on your computer from  HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

For more details, please go through this support document for: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 😎

Alternatively, you can also visit this support link: HP PCs - Display and Touchscreen Troubleshooting

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All the solution you mentioned have been tried by me. I have even tried to diagnose the problem at UEFI level. It all happened after I updated the BIOS to Revision 13. After a lot of study on the internet I found that there are huge number of people dissapoidisa with your 2 products namely HP Omni tablet and HP Pro Tablet 610 G1. All have the same issue of touch not responding and HID device shows and I2C failure with indicating device description failure. Clearly there is a BIOS level issue here since I noticed the touch screen does not even respond at BIOS levels. And even at BIOS levels the touch screen has to respond through same I2C bus. 

I still wonder if this is the reason HP suddenly stopped production of these tablets abruptly.  It's a shame HP design in this case is so much lacking and yet the product is called a business tablet. 

HP Recommended

@JackDsouza,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

As I see you have already exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue. 

In this scenario, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.