cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

PASSWORD

HP Recommended
How Can I add a password to my computer in a way that nobody can see my info from my Palm? I use a computer at work and I afraid that someone can see my info. Please advise

Post relates to: Palm TX

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 15
16,197 14,957 1,034 2,068
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
In Palm Desktop, go to Tools/Options/Security Tab.

WyreNut
-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear WyreNut,

I did (Tools/Options/Security) on my PC, but I can still open Palm Desktop without being prompted for my password.  I had this problem once before and I vaguely remember finding instructions from either Palm or Sony (CLIE PEG-T615C) that required me to do something on the actual handheld. Can you direct me?  Thanks.

Post relates to: None

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Is it possible to assign a password for my data without having a handheld? - i.e. on the desktop software only?  I use the desktop software (v. 4.1.4) for my PIM data, but no longer have a handheld.  I want to be able to secure some of my data.

All responses will be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever find a way to lock your Desktop Palm Application without having your Palm unit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lamartek

No, I had no response to my query. Still not sure how to secure my confidential data on the Palm Dsektop without having a handheld. 

Please let me know if you find out anything?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation