cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lonelyringer
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Palm IIIx Desktop and hot sync causes BSOD on my HP windows 10 laptop.

HP Recommended
Envy 17.3 " 1KT17UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've tried installing my original Palm IIIx desktop and Keyspan adaptor drivers and software on my new HP Windows 10 laptop. Kept getting BSOD "Driver Power State Failure" and reboot.

Finally isolated it to the Palm Desktop and/or Keyspan device. Uninstalled and purged both with IO Bit uninstall and haven't gotten Blue screen since.

I'm searching for a way to actually get my data stored in the Palm IIIx data into some sort of newer PDA desktop software and be able to use and sync it with either my Palm IIIx (or, if necessary, some newer device) so that I don't lose the 600+ contacts in the device. I was able to export the date to a comma delimited and teab delimited Excel file but that would be truly tedious to clean up and use regularly.

I've seen a number of dialogs about the Palm 6.2 but they all seem to refer to a device I don't have and I haven't discovered whether some new device will do what I want. Palm has gone thru many hands since I bought mine and I've lost the bubble on what devices are out there that do what I need.

I'm open to any suggestions. 

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation