cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gw007 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Palm Pre wont load, gets stuck on Setting Language screen .... help!

Hi all, I am at my wits end with my Pre... only had it a few months and its being nothing but grief.

Following the updated to v1.4 on the weekend my phone stopped connecting to the network.  Spoke via Live Chat with Palm yesterday and ran the WebOS Doctor app to do a restore and now my phone wont load and gets stuck on the Setting Language screen.  I have tried several restores and get the same result.

I have left it in this state for over 3 hours last night and still nothing... I cant get through to the helpdesk live chat at the moment (site script error) and I cant make personal calls from my office (lines only open during office hours) and my mobile doesnt currently work, so I am a bit stuck...

Any advice would be gratefully received as at the moment I am considering binning my Pre and changing to another phone...

Thanks

Guy

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
hijackie23 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same problem. cannot even restore or do anything. it seems smart phone always gives me problems. Tired to fix everytime. I am thinking about to switch to a basic phone.
0 Kudos
richard_thomas Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exactly the same here.

Feal very bad, love this phone but now its gone...

Any news on language setting 'hang-up'? Can we recover from this?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

gw007,

Since you did the webOS doctor and that did not resolve the issue the next step would be to take it into the store and have them replace the device. 

0 Kudos
Tommytred Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I had this problem. I'm on the O2 network in the UK, I put in the SIM from my work phone (also O2) and it went through the install process fine. I then shut down the phone, put the original SIM back in and all is well. If you don't have another SIM maybe request a replacement from your network provider?

0 Kudos
mambis Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

did anyone find solution? that one with orginal simcard not working for me (ot palm from uk, with simlock, im in poland. dont know what to do)

0 Kudos
plan Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

last night I encounter the same problem.

u can get through this using this tool, it should bypass the activation :

http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdownloads/ActivationBypass/2010-04-16/devicetool.jar

Install novacom on your computer.

Take out battery, connect your phone to computer via usb, keep pressing "volume up" key on you phone and put in the battery, it should get the phone to start in recover mode. then novacom may say the device is connected.

Run the devicetool with "java -jar devicetool.jar" , it should take care of the folllowing process, wait until your phone to restart again normally.

0 Kudos
halina_r Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have downloaded the link but it doesnt seem to do anything....bit PC illiterate... :smileysad:

I have plugged my pre into my pc but nothing has happened - it doesnt even recognise the device and I dont have any software...?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation