Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer series - N911
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When installing the printer I thought I did not use a password to set it up. Obviously this is incorrect as I am now attempting to connet with my iPhone and it is asking for a password which I do not have. The printer is currently connected to my docking station and prints fine when hard wired.

How do I establish or reset for a new password?

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Rolliese ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

It should be the router's passkey, If it's Wifi direct, you may try 12345678

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Barchiel,

I have never tried to print remotely with my iPhone in the past. I have the wireless router set up and have it PW protected. When accesing the printer it requests a password (not the router) in order to join. I have no idea as it should not be password portected.

Thank you,

Rollie

HP Recommended

Hi @Rolliese ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

As I said earlier, It will be the same as the router's passkey, or If it's Wifi direct, try 12345678

This should work. Keep me posted. 😉

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the input.

It is definely not the password of my router.

I tried 12345678 and hit join, it stated incorect.

Perhaps I can unistall the printer while being hard wired and reinstall and indicate a password during the re-installation process???

HP Recommended

Hi @Rolliese ,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Root Level – printer driver reinstallation: 

  

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 

8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Keep me posted, 

If the information I’ve provided was helpful,  

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,  

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! 

Good Luck. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.