cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
knnknn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavilion X2 12 detachable keyboard not working

HP Recommended
Pavilion X2 12
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion X2 12 has been having some keyboard issues for a while now. The detachable keyboard gets loose when I move even the slightest centimetre, rendering it useless. I have tried updating the drivers though I am pretty sure that this is a hardware problem... Are all of these products just having a flimsy build or am I just a rare case? If there is a fix, please let me know. Thx

p.s The laptop was a refurbished model which I bought back when detachables were super cool

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,987 21,946 975 1,011
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@knnknn
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that your experiencing issue with the detachable keyboard not functioning properly and keyboard get loose when its shaken or moved, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps

and the issue persists with the keyboard, this sounds like hardware related issue, Hence, I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation