Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bluetooth headphones work when plugged in, they are paired but no sound bluetooth wireless

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@itookalook Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, it is possible that the necessary service is disabled. Consequently, your Bluetooth speakers will not function properly. That said, you can activate the Bluetooth support service in Windows 10 by following the instructions below:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key+R. This should open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type “services.msc” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
  3. Once you’ve got the Services window up, look for the Bluetooth support service and double-click it.
  4. From the drop-down menu, select Automatic.
  5. You can now launch the Bluetooth support service by clicking the Start button.
  6. Confirm the changes you’ve made by clicking Apply and OK.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@itookalook

Thank you for posting back.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Device Manager from the list.
  • Once the Device Manager starts, locate your Bluetooth driver, right-click it and choose Uninstall.
    If available check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK. 
  • Restart your computer and check for the Bluetooth connection. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Echo

I have already tried that prior to coming on to this site, hence why I'm here looking to solve issue.

Thank you for your input.

HP Recommended

@itookalook

Please try testing the hardware - 

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
4. Click Extensive Test.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo

Have tried the testing of the system as suggested and it passed all tests, I did the blue-tooth one

What's to try next.

The headphones are paired and  device manager says it is working properly??

Thanks for your suggestion.

HP Recommended

Thanks Asmita

I have re-tried all of the suggestions and now the headphones are working.

In the pairing the headphone icon finally showed up with the correct spelling of the device, it was showing up but additional letters in front of the device in the first attempts to pair.

Thanks to all for your input.

HP Recommended

@itookalook That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

If you wish to thank us for our efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on the post that helped you the most,
As the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.