Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp presario
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have an older HP presario PC, up graded to windows 10 from windows 7, a couple of weeks ago I stated running slower then all of the sudden went to wake the PC the power button went from orange to blue, like when you would wake it up, and nothing on the screen just black. The screen says no video input, check all connections everything is fine reset COMS. that helped for about an hour then nothing again tried resting cmos again but nothing changed small battery nothing trying disconnecting and reconnecting components nothing. I know it is something simple but I can't find the right combination any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @Ron116

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that the computer is not Posting anymore and you have already tried all the crucial troubleshooting steps

At this point I would request you to contact our Phone Support for Service Options.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the help on this but I cannot get my desk top to open up, there for I cannot have hp's web site auto detect, my device. Oh and Evey time I try to go to hp's web site to get a phone number all I get is rerouted back to here. By the way I am doing all of this communication form my smartphone.
HP Recommended

Hi @Ron116, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you have issues booting into your PC.

It certainly looks to be a hardware issue with your PC. Since the PC is more than 4 years old. It is considered to be an obsolete unit and there will be no hardware or software support provided by HP.

You have to contact an HP authorized service center (Best buy or wall mart) to get your laptop fixed.

You can check the laptop warranty using this link.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply, I have given up went to the HP we site finally after an hour of searching found a solution to no avail, I will have to hire a tech to either come in to look at it or take it to them. Called HP and went through all of there suggestions nothing, all I keep hearing is check the vga cord when I have replaced it twice reset cmos took everything out put it back in and still nothing. I do know that my monitor is getting signal because when turn the PC on the monitor comes on and tells me no video so that is something, by the way it is not a laptop it is a desk top PC.
HP Recommended

@Ron116, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Disable the power settings in BIOS

If Windows was recently upgraded, Windows might be starting up in a power saving state, and producing the blank screen before Windows loads. After Windows loads (about 2 minutes after turning on the computer), press the power button briefly or press the Suspend key on the keyboard to see if the computer comes out of the suspended state. If the computer opens in a suspended state every time the computer is started, use the following steps to disable Power Savings in the BIOS.

Connect the computer to a working display to perform these steps:

1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press F10. Press the key about once every second for 5 seconds after turning the computer on.

2. In the BIOS Setup utility, press the right arrow key and select the Power tab.

3. Press the down arrow key to select Hardware power Management.

4. Press the right arrow key to disable SATA Power Management.

5. Press F10 to save the settings and exit.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no display or boot issue with your PC.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, it is a hardware issue with your PC.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead!

Take care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply I will see what happens
HP Recommended

Hi @Ron116, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned you see if the issue persists after trying the steps.

Sure you can take your time and write back to us if you have any queries.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take Care! 🙂

Have a great weekend ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply, here it is Sat. Evening and my computer is still down, but I did have it going and functional reset bios and cmos but I did not save or restart my PC for I was scattered I would be in the same place well guess what now I have no power to keyboard and mouse so I can't use the f-keys any help I can't take it to a tech. Please help
HP Recommended

Hi @Ron116

This definitely is  a Hardware issue. Since you are unable to use the Function keys, unfortunately you will need to check with a Local Tech for repair

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.