cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wpuserto
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 1 of 42
Flag Post

Phone freezes after receiving a text message

HP Recommended

I've been having this issue since I got the phone. When I receive a text message my phone will freeze. I've wiped my phone and started fresh without restoring and I'm still having the same issue. I've even exchanged the phone and it was fine for a day before it started freezing again. I'm not running any insider builds and I'm up to date with all the firmware/updates. 

Has anyone else experience this issue and been able to fix it? 

41 REPLIES 41
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 2 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wpuserto

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I understand from your post that you have an HP slate tablet and it freezes when it receives a text message. I read that the phone was replaced once and the issue persists with the replacement phone too. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the exact model no. of the phone so that I can assist you further. This link will help ou to locate the model no. or the product no of your phone: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

I will wait for your response. Cheers!

0 Kudos
wpuserto
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 3 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the response! 

My model number is Elite x3/X9U42UT#ABA 

Thanks

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 4 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wpuserto

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

0 Kudos
wpuserto
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 5 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for the private message. 

0 Kudos
alanbrad
2 2 0 1
Message 6 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have 4 of these devices used by our sales team.  We have this exact same issue with two of them.  I was going to try and get them replaced however if this did not fix your issue then I may still have an issue.  When txt messages are recieved the phone will freeze.  I have factory reset the devices multiple times with no fix.

0 Kudos
wpuserto
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 7 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It comes and goes Alanbrad, for example yesterday it didn't really happen and then today it keeps freezing.  It's definitely a software issue. I'm surprised more people don't have this issue though. 

alanbrad
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, we have seen the same thing.  We have only one device that has never had the issue.  One device was completley cured after using the Windows Device tool to reset it.  The other two devices have continued with the problem.  I have had to take them out of operation because of frustrated users having to reboot all the time.

wpuserto
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 9 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for backing me up, I was starting to think it was an isolated situation. Others had this issue but it went away for them. I'll let you know what happens. 

Gersh1
Level 1
9 8 0 4
Message 10 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem myself.  I'm on my third X3.  The first one had docking problems, but no freezing up texting.  Incidentally that one was fully updated through the windows insider fast ring (which had other issues).  My second phone had this texting problem.  This third one is also doing it now.  I do not have it updated through the insider program at all.  The HP firmware is completely updated.  It's a progressive freeze - the keypad becomes unresponsive, then messaging crashes, and eventually the whole phone freezes.   I have installed an app called "Field Medic" - from Microsoft, an event viewer/logger.  I caught the crash.    I'm attaching the screen shots here...hopefully this can help!  The frustration is steadily moving to the "throw the phone across the room" level.wp_ss_20161207_0002.pngwp_ss_20161207_0003.png

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation