cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LORALAC
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Plugged in, Not Charging

HP Recommended
Hp Stream

My Laptop is showing a plugged in, not charging sign and over the past few days, despite being left to charge multiple times on and off, it has gone down to 26% battery. I don't know what to do and when the battery gets to 0% it will be unusable.

I have also tried to t and completely reset my laptop which did not help either

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,000 20,987 1,275 1,301
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LORALAC

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please download the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Also uninstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please restart he Notebook

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a good day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation