Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is charges up to 80-90 percent and then it says plugged in not charging. I have the laptop bought in the end of 2014. I tried to reinstall Microsoft adapter and battery from system setting but it did not work, I remove the battery and reinsert it but it I did not work, I tried different charger and still says plugged in not charging, I checked the battery health status which says it is ok. Could it be the the board circuit problem? Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @PoleP .
Perform a hardware analysis, and if it shows you an error id let me know.

HP provides diagnostic software you can use to test hardware components on your computer and confirm hardware failures. The Battery Test checks your system to make sure the battery is functioning properly.
Use the following instructions to test the battery:
  1. Turn on the computer.
  2. Search for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, right-click the app in the search results, and then select Run as administrator.

If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version, go to HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures website.
  3. Click Component Tests in the main menu.

4. In the list of Component Tests, click Power.

5. Select Battery Check, and then click Run once.

6. Wait while the test is in progress. The Battery Test takes about two minutes.

7. Click Finish on the Component Tests page.

8. Select Test Logs to see the results of the battery test.

9. When the testing is done, review the test logs that display for the status or condition of the battery.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.