cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alberto144
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Print in CP1215 from Mobile phone by USB

HP Recommended
CP 1215
Android 9.0 Pie
Hello, I am trying to print from Mobile phone by USB to HP CP1215. I followed the HP instructions but printer appears unavailable (gray under that printer selection option). Started over both devices but still the same. My printer works fine from my PC, so USB cable is fine, USB OTG connection is brand new. Thank you!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,542 14,524 756 604
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alberto144

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

When a print job does not print, make sure your Android device, printer, and cables are working and ready for printing.

• Confirm your Android device supports printing from a USB OTG cable: Consult your Android device manufacturer or product specifications to determine whether your device supports printing with a USB OTG cable.

• Make sure the app you are trying to print from supports the option to print: Look for a Print icon  to confirm the app supports printing.

• Reconnect the USB OTG cable: Disconnect and reconnect the USB OTG cable from the Android device.

• Try a different USB OTG cable: If you do not have another USB OTG cable, go to HP Home & Home Office to purchase one. You can also purchase a USB OTG cables from other retailers.

• Reconnect the USB cable: Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable from the printer and the USB OTG cable.

• Try a different USB cable: Use a different USB cable. HP supports USB cables less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.

• Restart the printer and your Android device: Restarting your Android device and the printer can clear possible error conditions.

This document should help you: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05384190

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation