Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet pro8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I print a lot of articles. How can I get this printer to print from top to bottom?

Other printer have the options to change this in printer preferances? This printer I can't seem to change?

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @justone,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to change the order in which the printer is printing, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the application you are printing from?

Please click here for the user guide of your printer. 

Refer to page number 49 in the user guide, it gives you the procedure to change the printing order. 

Let me know if this helped.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hp

There is nothing on page 49 of the manual that shows me how to change the order of the page for printing.

I want to copy articles online. The headline of the articles are on top. Many articles have pages and pages below the main point of the article with ads and links and much unrelated stuff and some have opinion section and etc, etc. That is why I need to print from the top of the article down.

Please tell me if this printer will not do it, I have had Epson's HP's and others where you could set the printer to print top to down

Thank You

HP Recommended

PS.  I use Widows 10 and Edge with the Hp OfficeJet Pro 8610

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing more information. 

Recommend you use the Snipping tool to grab only the information you need. 

Save it as an image and print. 

Refer to this Microsoft article for assistance in using snipping tool. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you

I copy hundreds of online articles. Using a snipping tool would be time prohibative. Before my HP printer I had EP.... Printers. And the two before that were HP. On the last few orinters I had it was esy to set print in preferences from top to bottom or bottom to top.

Can I not set HP 8610 to print from top to bottom on a online article?

Thank You Again

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, found some articles that could help you understand that available print settings on Windows, please go through then in your spare time and let me know if it helped. 

HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

HP Printers - Changing Font Size in Printed Documents or Web Pages

HP Printers - Printing Documents (Windows)

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.