cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bwelsh
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

Solved!

Problem adding credit card in the HP App Store

HP Recommended

I am getting the following error when I try to add my VISA credit card to my account in the app store:

"Could Not Add Credit Card

The credit card you are using may be fraudulent. Enter a different credit card in Preferences & Accounts and try again. LOC02029."

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to resolve this error? I only have one credit card, so this is the only way I can purchase apps.

Thanks in advance!

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bwelsh
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have found a solution. I tried changing the (billing) address I entered by spreading it out over two lines. The program asked me to confirm my address, then I accepted, and it went through just fine...

Weird bug, maybe?

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
19 REPLIES 19
bwelsh
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have found a solution. I tried changing the (billing) address I entered by spreading it out over two lines. The program asked me to confirm my address, then I accepted, and it went through just fine...

Weird bug, maybe?

View solution in original post

WyreNut
Level 15
16,335 14,641 1,045 2,051
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Weird indeed!  :smileysurprised:

Perhaps an HP rep can chime in here with the explanation for the error code.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Shodney
Just joined
6 6 0 0
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem adding a visa card in the UK. Although the error number is the same, the dialog simply states "could not process payment. Contact your financial institution".

I haven't had any luck spreading my address over 3 lines either, unfortunately.

After ringing my bank, they told me that the security code was being sent through wrong. I tried again making sure that the code was correct but got the same error. 

I still get the same error using a different visa card, so it looks like there may be problem with the way the security number is processed somehow.

is there any way I can manage my account online, and enter the details through a website?

thanks. 

AthanatosSA
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with a Visa Card.

I just want to spend some cash in the store...

brum_1
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here with Visa Debit.

Shodney
Just joined
6 6 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still having the same problem.

Any solution?

Shodney
Just joined
6 6 0 0
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump

webosnew
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem trying to add a US account where it says to check the security number.

Shodney
Just joined
6 6 0 0
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is there nobody from HP that can address this issue?

Being unable to purchase apps is a huge problem for me.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation