Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Does anyone know if this freezing issue has been resolved. I am too experiencing the same with random freezing where I open the flip case and the screen doesn't come on as if it's shutdown. I have to hold the power button for what seems longer than a usual boot and finally it comes on. Also at times when using the desk dock it tends to freeze on a black screen after removal and again I must hold the power button and wait for it to boot up. I purchased this device and been using along side my other phone to hopefully replace it but at this point I don't trust the device.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, and it is happening very often on both of my HP Elite x3 phones. Normally, when you flip open your phone case, the screen comes on so you can enter your PIN, use Windows Hello, or use fingerprint to log in. When this issue happens, I flip open the phone case and the screen stays black. While the screen is black, I will try to use my fingerprint to log in. I can feel the phone vibrate that it is reading my fingerprint, but the screen never comes on. I have to hold down the power button to force it to reboot (which is not a graceful shutdown).

On my first HP Elite x3, this problem got so bad that when I held down the power button to reboot, it went to a blue screen of death and could never recover. It had a BCD boot error. Taking it to the Microsoft store, they couldn't even recover the phone, or reflash the OS. They gave me a brand new HP Elite x3 and now I'm experiencing the black screen issue again. I am really hopeful that this can be resolved.

HP Recommended
My experience and also others tried it here, when you remove the folio (case), screen freezes will just go away. It looks like the phone + folio have an issue when they come together. Magnetic? Not sure
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.