cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kalt
Level 12
4,535 1,330 384 496
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Re: cannot charge my hp touchpad

HP Recommended
Have you tried replacing the USB cable that connects the power adapter to the HP TouchPad? That's the most common issue I've seen when it no longer charges the device.
4 REPLIES 4
bbrick37
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes i have tryed replacing the cord and using different chargers, it is completely dead

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Kalt
Author
Level 12
4,535 1,330 384 496
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Can you tell if the connector on the HP TouchPad is loose or damaged?
WyreNut
Level 15
16,305 14,612 1,044 2,040
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just an FYI about charging a touchpad - the device requires a charger that can output 2A (2,000 mA).

Normal cell phone chargers cannot provide enough "juice".  As Kalt mentioned, the USB cable itself seems to be the weak link.  I received a dead one right out of the box!  😕

Switching it out for another micro-USB cable, but using the original charging transformer solved my problem.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Kalt
Author
Level 12
4,535 1,330 384 496
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WyreNut wrote:

Just an FYI about charging a touchpad - the device requires a charger that can output 2A (2,000 mA).

Normal cell phone chargers cannot provide enough "juice".  As Kalt mentioned, the USB cable itself seems to be the weak link.  I received a dead one right out of the box!  😕

Switching it out for another micro-USB cable, but using the original charging transformer solved my problem.

WyreNut

Mine died after about a month of use.  Again, replacing the micro-USB cable resolved the problem.  😛

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation