Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6" 2-in-1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP ENVY x360 15.6" 2-in-1 Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i5-8250U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10)

So I am buying this tomorrow and saw there is this “Recovery Manager” that comes with it. Is this something that I can use to erase everything and start new again? From now on I want to do it myself, sick/Tired if paying others to do so.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Explorer11

Yes, given you won't touch to the Recovery partition. My prefer option: create Recovery media (USB/DVD) and put them in a safe place.

You can always start over again from fresh with Windows 10.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Sorry, all these are new to me, don’t really understand what you trying to teach/guide me here butnsure sounds like it not what I think it is......click one icon and things get to start from “new”? Let me google what Recovery Media is. Thank you
HP Recommended

@Explorer11 wrote:
....click one icon and things get to start from “new”? Let me google what Recovery Media is. Thank you

Hi,

No such icon. What if machine would not start, how do you get to the icon ? The following link may help

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04641788

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Sorry for sounding stupid. I will look into it. Thank you
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.