cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Explorer11
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Recovery Manager

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6" 2-in-1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP ENVY x360 15.6" 2-in-1 Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i5-8250U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10)

So I am buying this tomorrow and saw there is this “Recovery Manager” that comes with it. Is this something that I can use to erase everything and start new again? From now on I want to do it myself, sick/Tired if paying others to do so.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,328 90,205 11,597 24,873
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Explorer11

Yes, given you won't touch to the Recovery partition. My prefer option: create Recovery media (USB/DVD) and put them in a safe place.

You can always start over again from fresh with Windows 10.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Explorer11
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry, all these are new to me, don’t really understand what you trying to teach/guide me here butnsure sounds like it not what I think it is......click one icon and things get to start from “new”? Let me google what Recovery Media is. Thank you
0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,328 90,205 11,597 24,873
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Explorer11 wrote:
....click one icon and things get to start from “new”? Let me google what Recovery Media is. Thank you

Hi,

No such icon. What if machine would not start, how do you get to the icon ? The following link may help

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04641788

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Explorer11
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry for sounding stupid. I will look into it. Thank you
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation