Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon X2 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm Enrico and I have a HP Pavillon X2 10.
I've a question on reinstalling Windows 10 on my tablet:
if I download the Media Creation Tool from Windows site, I download Windows 10 on a USB-Pen, and reinstall Windows 10 from this, can i have any problem?
Obviously then I download all driver from HP website.
I ask this becouse I don't know if the windows version of my tablet is a "special version" or if it's a normal windows 10 home.
Thank you for any answers!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the full model number or product number of your notebook.

The product specs page for your model will tell you what specific version of W10 your notebook has.

If you can still get into Windows, I have zipped up and attached a free utility below, that will show you the W10 product key in the BIOS and it will tell you exactly what version of W10 you have.

If you have a 'normal' version of W10 home, then using the Media Creation tool to reinstall W10 will work just fine.

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your answer.

My tablet is an "HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n106nl (ENERGY STAR)"
I see in the product specs and with the program ShowKeyPlus that the Windows version is Home 64 bit, so "normal" version, tomorrow I reinstall it.
But then I have to reinsert the product key? Or it take it automatically?
Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Windows 10 will automatically pick up the product key in the BIOS, and automatically activate.

There will be no need to enter the product key.

HP Recommended
Thank you very much!
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.