cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Juneberry
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SIM card compatibilty

Currently using a Treo600.  SIM card labeled as following:

Cingular

62056   32K   GT

Will this card work in a Centro? Don't want to mess with having to get a new card activated by AT&T.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SIM card compatibilty

This SIM will not work. You will need to get a new 3G SIM card from AT&T. If AT&T gave you this phone I would put it back on this they gave you a phone they new needed a newer SIM card. If you got this from a friend or eBay I would see what AT&T is willing to do for you.

If you tell them Palm told you to upgrade to a newer card due to phone issues they may give you the new card for free. It is up to them. Lastly, all newer devices require 3G you may just want to go ahead and get the newer SIM card regardless.

0 Kudos
Juneberry
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SIM card compatibilty

It turns out that you happen to be wrong in this case. The SIM card works in the Centro, allowing me both voice and data connections, just as it did in the Treo 600 it came out of.  It may not work for some advanced SIM services, but I never had them in the Treo, don't want them and don't need them. Sometimes seven year old technology works just fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SIM card compatibilty

Glad the SIM card is working for you. You may still need to upgrade in the future due to the SIM card may not connect correctly with the Palm device. In our experience with older SIM cards in most cases they needed to be replaced due to dropped calls and other network related problems.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation