cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

SMS from Yahoo & MSN Live arrive blank

HP Recommended

The subject line about says it all. I was really hoping for Yahoo IM support for messaging, but until that gets fixed or I give up an buy an app, I was going to use Yahoo & MSN forwarding to SMS. It worked great on my MotoQ with Verizon...

SMS messages from both carriers arrive blank on my Palm Pixi Plus. Can anybody verify that as a bug for me and/or provide a workaround?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 7
1,030 976 78 106
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Not sure I follow you correctly. But you know you can add from the Messaging App, from the drop down top left menu, choose Preferences and Accounts, Add IM account, choose Yahoo. This will give you the actual Yahoo IM instead of using the SMS option.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No I can't. Please see my post here, as there is no option to add Yahoo available on either my wife's Pre or my Pixi (Version 1.3.5.1, Config Verizon 1.1) that we just acquired through Verizon. I've already tried the fixes that you specifically recommended to Sprint users on other threads. They have had no impact on my phone.

To clarify, both MSN Live and Yahoo IM have options to send all IM messages to a cell # when you log out on your PC. This worked great on my MotoQ. When an SMS arrives from either of those services on our Palm devices, there is only the 'sent from' number and no text in the body.

To test this yourself, both platforms have an option to send a message to an mobile number. I encourage you to test this or private message me to arrange a test. If you want pictures of phone displays I can provide those.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
1,030 976 78 106
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looking around I just discovered for myself that the Verizon versions do not have yahoo IM as of now. Thats a bummer, not sure there reason behind it or if they plan on adding it soon. It works on Sprint.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My yahoo messages are blank, my Facebook messages are blank, my international text messages are blank.  My old EnV2 could receive all of these.  I thought I was upgrading by getting a Palm Pixi!  What is the deal??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has this problem been solved, I would like to recieve my MSN and Yahoo messages through SMS rather then leaving the IM function on all the time. That is for atleast Yahoo, as there is no MSN on webOS -_-

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation