cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TCub
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Send back replacement Pre? Help!

Hey there Palm Support Community!

Friday night, my Pre was acting a little funny. The screen was not turning on despite pushing the power button or sliding the keyboard out. I pulled the battery and started the phone back up and it worked for a little bit but then started showing the same issue again. I took it up to my local Sprint store and they said they'd send me a replacement. I was told that when I get it, I should switch out the phones and then send my phone (the malfunctioning one of course) back to Palm. I had to do this within a certain time frame, otherwise I'd get charged a massive amount on my next bill. 

That was Friday night and now I've gone all weekend without have any issues. Apparently I jumped the gun a little bit by trying to get it swapped out. I called Sprint today and asked if they could cancel the order because my Pre is working fine now and I'd rather keep this one instead of switching it out again. The women told me it wouldn't be possible to cancel the order. I then asked her would it be okay if when I get the replacement Pre, I just send it back to Palm and keep my phone. 

She said that would be okay but I just wanted to come here and confirm it. I assume the "fee" would be the retail price of the Pre and there's no chance I'm about to pay for one because I didn't follow a replacement procedure. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

As this is a sprint policy issue you may want to call the store that you did the replacement with. I'm sure it will be fine if you send the replacement device back to them and keep yours.

0 Kudos
TCub
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes. My apoligies for not updating my post. I spoke to a Sprint rep and was told to send the phone back and all would be okay.

thanks for the support! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation