Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pro Tablet 610 G1 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There are 3 styluses made by HP that work with the HP Pro Tablet 610 G1 PC: G4Y85AA, 738306-001, 739265-001.  Don't know the differences;  welcome advice on which stylus to buy;  have no experience using a touch pad welcome comments on how best to use a stylus ona  touch pad PC.

KCav

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Ready to make a Clean Install of Windows 10 to my HP Protablet, can somebody help with selecting an active stylus to use while running MyScript software    @IT_WinSec  

HP Recommended

@kcav

I doubt any of the regulars here will have experience with My Script software.

Its website says it will work with different pointing sources, so I cant imagine the model number of pen will make a difference.

Your tablet shows it will use both the Active and a Capacitive Stylus.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879

Personally, that bulbus tipped capacitive stylus isnt any better than using your finger tip.

No fine control. Any rubber bulbus tipped capacitive (non battery) stylus will work. Theres nothing special about them.

My stream tablet only uses that, so I bought something at WalMart and it worked.

I would instead go with the Active Pen since it has a sharper tip.

HP Executive Tablet Pen G2  (F3G73AA)

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=6255059

There wont be anything you have to do in special in Windows to make it work.

Just be sure the battery doesnt have paper blocking the contacts if the battery comes installed from the factory.

Thats the best I can offer. Good luck.

HP Recommended

Seems like you made a good recommendation since the HP Executive Tablet Pen G2 is an active stylus with a right click button,  thank you for replying to my post Photray002.  

Two additional questions have come up:

1. MyScript Nebo software requires Windows 10; according to HP website Win 10 is not available for  Pro Tablet 610 G1
  2. MyScript Nebo software requires either  i3, i5, or i7 CPU; the Pro Tablet 610 G1 has an Atom CPU.

I have a disk with Windows 10 Pro Full Version 64-bit, should I install it on my Pro Tablet 610 G1?   Sine the tablet doesn't have a DVD drive,  how can a new OS be installed?

KCav

HP Recommended

As far as MyScript requirements go, I will direct you to them for that advice.

I did see a reviewer on the MS Surface forum say his Atom CPU was working with it just fine.

The Active Pen may be an issue. I hear the program can be finicky.

If you install Windows 10, I highly recommend you create recovery media for 8.1 first.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03481733

You can download a copy of Windows 10 via the Microsoft Media Creation Tool and do an upgrade or clean install.

As long as you have a Windows 10 key, it will work.

I would play it safe and do the upgrade. You will want at least 15 GB free space.

I have heard good and bad about upgrading to 10 with that tablet.

You will want to update the bios first, but know that it is risky to do so. If something were to fail during the update, it could brick you tablet and it has happened before. The latest bios update is not reversible.

There are no HP drivers for Win10. You would need to install the Win 8.1 drivers for functionality. Some people have had issues with the touch screen after the upgrade.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pro-tablet-610-g1-pc/6884735/drivers

I have mixed feeling with regard to the Pro 610 and upgrading. Do a backup first.

HP Recommended

Thank you for opening my eyes.  Once I attended a seminar where the the title was ""  What was the most important innovation in the history of civilization?  The answer was moveable type - because after that books became widely available, literacy spread, knowledge accuulated and passed from one generation to the next.  Now the Digital Age has arrived now the most important innovation.  I beleive the case could be made that  AI applications such has hand writing recognition in real time will become the most important innovation. 

After researching specifications I have decided to return my HP 6140 G1 and purchase a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and install MyScript Nebo. 

Keep in touch. I like HP and love my Elitebooks.

KCav

HP Recommended

Ah Ok. You might want to compare the Surface 4 to the HP Pro X2 612 G2.

They are in the same price range and the G2 is much more up to date over the old G1.

http://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/business-solutions/pro-x2-612-12-243545--1#!&tab=vao

Good Luck with whatever you decide and do come back if you have other questions.

HP Recommended

Would like to evaluate how well Nebo works.  Nebo converts cursive to text  in real time; requires active stylus for input and multi-core processor to run AI in background; decided to use same tablet as used by MyScript in their advertisement for Nebo, Surface 4. 

Five year sales projections for tablets with Personal Digital Assistants are extradinarly high; maybe next step should be to evaluate performance on HP tablet.

KCav

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.