Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 10
Android 4.1 - 4.3.1 Jelly Bean

It can see my home wifi. It shows the name of my home wifi network with the word "disabled" underneath it.

If I tap and hold the name, I get the chance to enter the home wifi network password again. I do that.

The word "disabled" changes to "connected" for about 30 seconds. Then it changes back to "disabled."

To trouble shoot so far I have:

Checked other items can connect to wifi. They can.
Turned Wifi on and off again. No change.

Can see no solution. Does anyone have one, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SteveSlate10

Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution. Kudos to you!

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

You can mark your post as Accepted Solution, that'll help others see that you've got the answers!

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@SteveSlate10

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are facing issue with the wireless, need not worry I'll be happy to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you try connecting the printer to a different network?

Performing a Factory Reset on Your HP Slate 10 using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04016480 

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, Raj 1788.

I do not have a wifi printer, and am not trying to connect a printer to a wifi system.

I own an HP Slate 10HD tablet computer.

It has stopped connecting to my home wifi network. That is the problem.

I have outlined exactly what happens above.

Please can you assist on that basis, thank you.

HP Recommended

@SteveSlate10

It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

As my colleague suggested earlier, Please try perform a factory reset.

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try that over the weekend.

HP Recommended

@SteveSlate10

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did the full factory reset.

The issue appeared to resolve itself until I happened to touch the PH Connect app button. It wanted me to sign in and join it. I did not do so.

At which point the home Wifi connection dropped.

I deleted the HP Connect App from the tablet and my home Wifi connection came back.

I do not think that is much of a solution, but it appears to be the only one for the moment.

What is also very annoying is that now, when I turn on the tablet, the HPConnect App demands that I slide right to unlock, before it lets me to the desktop. I would like to erase that, please.

HP Recommended

@SteveSlate10

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like the App is not uninstalled properly.

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03936082#AbT2 to uninstall the app in HP Tablet.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj.

The app has gone. it doesn't appear on any list at all. But the Unlock Datapass still appears when the tablet is turned on, and I have to swipe left to get rid of it and get to the desktop screen.

HP Recommended

@SteveSlate10

Thanks for the reply,

I suggest you Perform a Factory Reset on Your HP Slate 10 using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04016480  and check if it works fine without the HP connected app.

It seems like the app is causing the issue.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.