cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TonyArmitstead Tutor
Tutor
7 5 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Slate 21 Android update

I have owned a Slate-21 for a while and it is running Android 4.2.2 and claims the system is up to date.

I just purchased another one and it is running Android 4.4.2. As far as I can tell the h/w is identical.

So, how do I upgrade my older unit to the new Android version?

Regards Tony

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RichardRijken Tutor
Tutor
10 9 1 2
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Slate 21 Android update

I just received that update today, so I guess it might show up one of these days. But im having wifi issues after the update so be careful.

cskel Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Slate 21 Android update

I received my update to 4.4.2 this morning, so I imagine you won't have to wait too long. Not spotted any problems other than an issue with attempting to run SkyGo in full screen mode.

stonearc Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Slate 21 Android update

After the update to 4.4.2 kitkat, my slate 21 will not show home screen.

The lock screen shows up after boot. When I open the lock screen, there is an "installing apps..." notice that never goes away. When this notice is there, the three android soft key buttons (back, home, multitasking) are not visible on the bottom of the screen.

When I use the notification pulldown menu the three buttons appear. When I use back or home buttons after this, it just goes back to the "installing apps.." screen. When I use the multitasking button, it shows "no open apps".

I can access browser from the lockscreen using the google quick access button in the bottom of the screen.

Reboots do not help

I have tried to factory reset the device with volume up + power button methods, but when I hold volume up and power button together, the device does not boot up (Like it should according to all kitkat factory reset instructions I have read)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TonyArmitstead Tutor
Tutor
7 5 1 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Slate 21 Android update

So my update did eventually come through yesterday.

For me the update went well with no obvious issues.

Both wired and wireless networking works as does my bluetooth connection to my sound bar.

So, so far its happy days.

Tony

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation