cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Slate 7 2800 - Need firmware in RockChip AndroidTool format (bootloader missing)

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been attempting to develop CyanogenMod for the HP Slate 7 2800 and managed to blow away everything on the eMMC - partitions, file systems, etc. 

I can access the tablet using RockChip AndroidTools, but I can't find a image in the proper format for this tool. An entire system image would be in a update.img file. Each partition individually could be seperate as well. 

If someone was willing to dump all their partitions or at least the bootloader partition, I could probably fix my tablet. Right now it is a dead brick. 

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @rjwil1086 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you need the system image for your HP Slate 7 tablet.

HP hosts the entire factory image on the download page for your product with steps on recovering the image. 

You can find this here: Google Android Jelly Bean Restore Image.

The download is an update.zip file, but if you only require the boot.img you can extract the .zip on your PC and you will find the boot.img in the parent directory of the update folder.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response Great-Deku-Tree. 

The update.zip contains boot.img, a copy of the stock recovery image, and the system partition. I need the bootloader. Here is what the partition table looks like on this tablet:

31 0 4096 mtdblock0
31 1 4096 mtdblock1 misc
31 2 8192 mtdblock2 kernel
31 3 16384 mtdblock3 boot
31 4 16384 mtdblock4 recovery
31 5 393216 mtdblock5 backup
31 6 460800 mtdblock6 cache
31 7 4096 mtdblock7 kpanic
31 8 655360 mtdblock8 system
31 9 6121472 mtdblock9 userdata

I need what is before the misc partition - the first 2000 blocks of data on the memory. I have a second tablet coming so I'll be able to pull it myself by the end of the week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey rjwil1086,

Sorry, but there are no resources that specific available from HP. Hopefully things work out for you once you get the other tablet.

Good luck! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey sorry to bother you but did rjwil get the tablet working, if so do you still have the image as I've ran into the same problem as you, would be amazing thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Where is the update image in your link? All I can see is some Winows software utility. Am I missing something? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Craigo1,

Please consider that you're looking at a thread that's almost a year old. If you click the Edit button beside Windows 7 you can change the operating system to Android and you will see the recovery images for the tablet.

Thanks.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Wow, thank you for getting back so quickly - I'm impressed!

However, I did try that but the only option available was windows, I was expecting to see android or something similar but I did not. Is it definitely there, am I being blind? Any chance of a copy and paste direct link for the hard of thinking like me?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here are some screenies to help you find the restore image. Click on the link @

2015-07-29 08_09_32-HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More _ H.png

2015-07-29 08_09_47-HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More _ H.png

2015-07-29 08_09_56-HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More _ H.png

2015-07-29 08_10_07-HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More _ H.png

Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THANK-YOU SO MUCH! 

I went back and tried again and guess what, it was there this time, though I swear I did the exact same thing last time and no cigar, "Google android" was not an option, just windows!

In response to your issue, I would agree that it sounds like a screwed NAND chip. I have had some success transplanting NAND chips on Allwinner A13 devices, but those chips are quite heat sensitive so gotta be careful!

Anyway, thank you again for taking the time to help me.

Regards,

Craig

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation