cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Coachw
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Slate 7 2800

HP Recommended

My tablet refuses to charge.  I have tried: different cords, chargers, outlets, pic's, and on my 2nd replacement ribbon (connection). The last time I got it to charge I had to power off and I could get it to charge. Now it just restarts the tablet.  Just like it does when I do not use a factory charger. I am presently dead again. This connection lasted 1 month and it took close to 3 months to get to me. 

3 REPLIES 3
Great-Deku-Tree
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,367 221 563
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Coachw ,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand your tablet is not charging. 

Did you have the cable replaced by HP or was it a part you purchased and replaced on your own? HP service and parts typically have a 90 day warranty from when the repair is completed or the part is received. For hardware issues you will need to contact our phone support team. We only offer technical support via the forums.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the following link to get the support number for your region: Phone Assist Worldwide.

Thanks.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Coachw
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I replaced the ribbon myself. It recognizes being plugged in but it opens the screen to the desktop. I can get it to charge (some) if I completely run the battery dead. But I can only get it to charge maybe 15%.
Great-Deku-Tree
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,367 221 563
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may have a bad cell in the battery. I would suggest contacting our phone support team for service options as we're looking at a hardware issue as it's not charging while powered off either.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation