Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
410 394 23 135
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LOOKS like what I have (except mine's purple and came in a cardboard box).  Let me know how it goes, okay? I hope it works for you!

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
10 9 1 1
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yea! It Works!!! It had no specs anywhere on it or the packaging saying if it worked with 24 volts sytems. I plugged it in & it's light came on & it didn't start smoking so I plugged in my Slate 7 & the battery charging icon came on showing that it was charging. HP should contact T-Mobile & ask to be able to use this as the authorized charger for their Slate 7. People need to be able to charge on the go in the car & their device does not work using many of the choices of adapters people have to choose from. Like these, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00511PS3C/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SU0SX0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 &

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088U4YAG/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. These are what most people are buying these day's. Not dedicated micro or mini usb chargers.  Tell the boy's in support about the car problem.  Again than's to Holly J for all her help. Yes T-Mobiles Universal micro USB car charger is the one you want to charge yor new HP Slate 7. It even has a full size USB port. Also works if you have a 24 volt sytstem like me in a power wheelchair or a big rig truck going down the interstate. $14.21 @ Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WWZGU6/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
410 394 23 135
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is excellent news! Thanks, Buzzdoes, for posting again to confirm that it worked for you on your 24V system, too.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
10 9 1 1
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One last thing. When you check the battery to see what functions are using the most power, so you can manage your power consumption, it says charging A/C. This charger tricks the device to make it believe it is charging from an A/C wall outlet. How it does it? Don't know, but I've heard about it. Who cares, IT WORKS! :generic:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
52 47 0 21
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK here is the thing with car chargers. It doesn't matter what amperage the charger says it will push, the kernel of the device will only allow whatever amperage it needs to draw. That being said, it can't hurt to buy a charger with as many amps as possible, because you device will use what it needs. Most car chargers do not have the second and third usb pin bridged meaning you device will read it as a USB charger and only draw 500ma from it. What I usually do is bust open my car chargers and solder the two middle pins together and add a resistor. Most motorola chargers have already done this from my experience. You can read Amazon reviews to try a decifer which ones already have this capability. Anyways, this will allow your device to see it as an A/C outlet and draw the full 1A or whatever the device needs/charger is capable is pushing. You get a must faster charge this way. Here is a good writeup on the process.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Upgrading+Belkin+Micro+Auto+Charger+USB+to+signal+1+amp+charging+current...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=767961

I have done this to all my Belkin 1 amp chargers but you should be able to do this to any charger. I cannot confirm if 1A is enough to juice this thing considering the wall charger is 2.1A. 

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
Tablet: HP Slate 7
Laptop: Hp Envy 4

If I have helped you in and well, please hit me with a KUDOS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
10 9 1 1
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I read your review about soldering those pins mj. But I'm a quadriplegic & this T-Mobile is working just fine now. Must be just like the Motorola ones. I did buy the 1 amp dual charger, 2.1 & 3.1 so breaking open the 2.1 shoud work but too much for me. I'm giving them to my friends bcause they do work for 99% of things out there. They do my Amazon Kindle Fire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
52 47 0 21
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's the things in life you take for granted. I figured I would offer my two cents on a cheap alternative but I fell like this thread should move to out of the box car chargers that work with the HP Slate 7. As of now, the only wall charger that supplies enough juice is my old touchpad charger (and of course the stock one). Haven't really tested car chargers besides the Belkin ones I use.

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
Tablet: HP Slate 7
Laptop: Hp Envy 4

If I have helped you in and well, please hit me with a KUDOS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,677 4,711 235 575
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great topic!  Although I haven't personally tested it (I'm like you - I have the stock and Touchpad charger), this device looks promising and inexpensive. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation