Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre X2 a-009nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Spectre X2 doesn't hold a charge! I've had the computer for literally two days and the following issue occured. I fully charged my Spectre before I went to bed (I plugged it out before going to sleep so it didn't cook all night). The next day, i go about my business then get home around 9:00 PM. So by this point, my computer should still be fully charged and has been turned off for about 22 hours. I go to use it and it won't turn on. I plug it in and come to find that the full battery has drained 100% with absolutely no use whatsoever. This can't be normal. Is there a fix? The computer is great in every other fashion, but if this issue lacks a solution then i'm afraid this may be a deal breaker.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Mrjacobovich

No that is not normal at all.

With the PC plugged in, rapidly tap the F2 key for the UEFI System Diagnostics Test.

Go to Component Test and run the tests for the battery and the AC charger.

This should give you a good idea if the battery is bad or not gettting charged.

HP How to use Diagnostics

If this X2 was literally purchased a few days ago, I would consider taking it back to the store for an exchange.

If this is not possible, you will have to go through the HP Warranty process for repairs.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.