cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lindabose2000 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Split x2 Docking/keyboard not working

Hi

I have the HP Split X2 running windows 8.1. It was working fine until March 22nd when I turned on the computer. My keyboard and mouse doesnt work and the light on the wirless keeps blinking if not connected to power. However the keyboard and the mouse works if pressed same time as when the light blinks. If the computer is connected to power everything works fine. Please help!!!

Trackpad issue was just fixed recently and now this..

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
11,348 10,963 247 607
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lindabose2000, welcome to the HP Forums. Unfortunately it sounds like you are experiencing some sort of additional hardware failure, possibly the battery. I think you should run diagnostics, you can refer to this for details: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎

If the hardware tests come up negative for failure, you should try to restore your BIOS: Restoring the BIOS

I hope this helps. Let me know if this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
splithokemon Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

im having the same issue where the keyboard connection is on and off, the wireless light coming on tells when its connected and during that time i can type but after that i cannot.  the cycle is about one second on, one second off, so it renders everything useless when keyboard is plugged in....   this whole experience with the split x2 has been a negative one....  i had it built online with all the extras and it never worked lik it shoud...  ends up hsving to restart or push around the monitor, trackpad issues, etc.   it was 1200 usd altogether and i would really like to just have my money back!

0 Kudos
verydisapointed Tutor
Tutor
4 2 0 3
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have been having the sameish problems for months. i still have no idea why this is happening and hp provides the poorest customer service known to man. your wasting your breath by asking them when the fix is putting you computer in the garbage and buying a mac. i am currently typing using my tablet as every once and aawhile the keyboard and mouse just stop working and it takes me hours of uninstallingrograms and reinstalling to fix. they want me to pay them to fix it. i did that once and they remotely accessed my computer and i watched the guy do exactly the same thing i was doing. he never ended up fixing it, i did. problem is i am not sure which of the 100 things i did fixed it. FML.... hope youhave better luck than myself aand that they ddont hose you for 100dollars.

0 Kudos
splithokemon Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dude you know what I did and it works flawlessly again?   I went and "ejected" the keyboard and waited until it said "safe to disconnect"... plugged it back in - WALAH!  Works better than ever.   I guess that old wise tale that you need to "safely eject" USB drives and peripherals sometimes does apply?    Try it and let me know!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
shalolo Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same problem with 13-r010dx - very frustrating. What do you mean by ejecting the keyboard?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation