cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lunotick
6 5 0 0
Message 81 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same result for me, all fixed now.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
micweb1993
Level 2
21 17 0 5
Message 82 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A little bit of it came back on mine. 😞

But at least it's less frequent and less annoying. Please let us know how yours holds up.

blarg01
2 2 0 2
Message 83 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I upgraded to Windows 10 and loaded the drivers from HP's site yet the audio problem persists. I have sent my Stream 7 5709 in for repair/replacement twice, both times returned "No Trouble Found" and the second time it ended up with some physical damage from HP support. They requested I send the device in a third time but I insisted on talking to a manager who decided to send me a replacement. The replacement arrived and has the same audio issue and also a row of dead pixels running the length of the screen.  I am awaiting a call from the manager again to send out yet another replacement.

I guess what I am asking, has anyone had any success with HP repairing/replacing their Stream 7? 

micweb1993
Level 2
21 17 0 5
Message 84 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had one of mine replaced and the replaement had the same audio problem.

blarg01
2 2 0 2
Message 85 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So HP sent me another replacement and this one also has the audio problem, although it seems less obnoxious than my original, so I guess that's something. With all the complaints on here (and similar threads) and the fact that I have had three seperate devices in hand (one 5709 and two 5701) I am guessing this problem must exist in most if not all of the Stream 7 lines, and the one I have now is probably the best I am going to get.

Luis, the HP Support Manager who helped me was diligent in his duties and tried his best to make everything right and I have no complaints where his interactions are involved. However I still do not have the product I paid for which is a 100% working device. HP's inability to provide what I paid for and the interactions I had with the first teir of HP Support has definately left me thinking I will not be purchasing another HP product in the foreseeable future.

Rodrigo_2a
1 1 0 0
Message 86 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

also having this issue, very disapointed with HP

neonfire
5 5 0 0
Message 87 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I own a HP stream 8 and HP Laptop and this issue is also seen here. 

I am an HP employee. Anything posted are my own personal input, and not from HP.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation