cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sportflier
Level 2
16 15 0 4
Message 71 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, my Stream 7 tablet decided to die today. I've only had it for four months and don't use it constantly. White lines through the display.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Stoemper
2 2 0 1
Message 72 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After receiving a Stream 7 unit this week I too, of course, am suffering from static noises on the headphone socket.

Trying to minimize the eminent problem I decided to hook up my FiiO Killimanjaro 2 headphone amp. The (input) impedance of such a device is much higher than that of headphones, minimizing the current delivered by the tablet's headphone socket.

In short: connected to my Sennheiser HD439 the results are astonishing! Only when amplifying VERY loud the noise can be heard and than still at a much much lower volume than without the amp in between.

This 'solution' might not be the cheapest one but cheaper solutions than the aforementioned FiiO amp might be available, too. Just make sure the current drawn from the Stream 7 headphone plug is as low as possible. This happens with connecting virtually any amp (incl. connecting it to inputs of other devices like laptop/computer inputs, HIFI amps, etc.)

reporter_79
2 2 0 0
Message 73 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear all,

I found this solution:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-USB-to-3D-AUDIO-SOUND-CARD-ADAPTER-VIRTUAL-7-1-ch-9947/...

cheap, ease of use, works great.

Alternatively, I use bluetooth headset.

Bye

Stoemper
2 2 0 1
Message 74 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi reporter_79,

That indeed is cheap! 😊

beegmouse
Level 2
26 19 1 2
Message 75 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cheap yes, but it also requires a USB otg adapter and means you have a big lump sticking out the side,

Just get high impedance headphones. Why make things more complicated?

Alex_ncfc
Level 3
59 43 1 10
Message 76 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Think I am going to try and go down the Bluetooth headphones route. Someone earlier in this thread said that even with Bluetooth headphones they had the same buzzing/noise issue, but can't see how this is possible as it will be transferring sound via the Bluetooth rather than the faulty 3.5mm jack. 

leo_kendall
Level 3
34 32 1 9
Message 77 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended
jeffmdaemon
Level 6
315 310 29 60
Message 78 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yea bluetooth would be immune to it, because the data is sent directly to the DAC in the bluetooth reciever and amplified there. Their reciever may have been just very low quality itself. 

DBNP
Level 1
9 8 0 1
Message 79 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having this issue. HP Stream 8 5909.

micweb1993
Level 2
21 16 0 5
Message 80 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound issue fixed after upgrading to Win 10 and also downloading HP's latest BIOS flash and also all other drivers. Google HP Stream 7 drivers and click on the link that takes you to HP (not to a 3rd party site).

Ironically the warranty exchange unit I got from HP months ago didn't fix it, but something in the Win 10 + separately download and install all the Win 10 drivers here fixed it.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation