cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alex_ncfc
Level 3
59 46 1 10
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Stream 7 battery not lasting long on Windows 10 and "not charging"

HP Recommended
HP Stream 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all,

I decided to update my Stream 7 to Windows 10 now that the initial problems seem to be sorted. It runs so much better than the original build and there seems to now be no need to download further drivers like you used to have to (such as rotation, bluetooth etc) so all in all I am happy with it.

However, the battery is not lasting properly at all. When I had it on Windows 8.1, the tablet would last for days in standby mode. I could not touch it for 4 or 5 days with it left on (in sleep obviously) and it would still have a good amount of battery power left. Now it doesn't even last the night on Windows 10, and I don't have Cortana enabled either, so what could be eating all the battery? 

Also it is plugged in to the wall socket but stays on "Not charging" on the battery info panel in the system tray, bottom right. Why is this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,528 133 316
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, update the BIOS to the latest if you have not already.  You might also want to reinstall the chipset driver pack.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation