cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
5006Wainwright
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Stream 8 will not power on any longer

HP Recommended

I have had a  Stream 8 since May. It has been working fine until last night. Now It will not turn on at all. I have pushed on the volume down button and the power button simultaneously as suggested elsewhere on these forums. No luck.  Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 312
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you see nothing in the display at all?  When you first plug the charger in, do you see the charging pictogram in the display for 6-8 seconds?

0 Kudos
5006Wainwright
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing at all displays. Completely black.

0 Kudos
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 312
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There have been a few other threads here about the Stream tablets going dead and I think there was unfortunately no other fix other than a warranty replacement.  You might try plugging the charging cable into another computer's USB port to rule out that the AC adapter is not bad although it is probably okay.

5006Wainwright
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is what I thought would be the case. I bought it directly from the HP website. I guess I will go there and see how I get it replaced.

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, 5006Wainwright:

You needed contact, with de HP Technical Support, more near, to your home. Call, by phone, from ... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android-Tablets-e-g-HP-Slate-7/Phone-Assistance-in-the-world/td-p/50380...

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
JJ_Z
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Today my Stream 8 cannot turn on anymore. I just open the back cover, loose the battery connector (see step 9 in https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HP+Stream+8+Battery+Replacement/62987 ) and wait for a minute. Put back the battery connector again, then I can turn on the machine by pressing the power button.

0 Kudos
5006Wainwright
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ended up sending my Stream 8 back to HP because it was still under warranty. I got a replacement tablet in about a week.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation