Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Chromebook X2
Chrome OS

My Chromebook stylus works on and off. I've changed the battery.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Martyc1104,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you need assistance with the stylus not working properly on your HP Chromebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of the chromebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

When was the last time it worked?

What is the make of the stylus? Did you check if the chromebook supports this stylus? Here's the list of compatible pen and stylus.

In the meantime, I have found a wonderful document which should help you with this issue - HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

SN: 5CD8433QJN
12-f014dx
Model: 3PH11UA#ABA
The stylus came with the chromebook

HP Recommended

@Martyc1104,

Thanks for the details,

Just wanted to check if you have followed the steps suggested in the support document. If you have, could you please let me know the results.

If you haven't tried it yet, please try the steps suggested and get back to us with the results as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Fitsy of all I've noticed that the stylus works when I press hard on the screen. This I do not want to do.
As I look for a solution I can never find my Chromebook X2 in the models

This stylus came with the tablet

It always works with my finger

HP Recommended

@Martyc1104,

Thanks for the response.

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

This look's like an issue with the stylus itself.

In this case, I'd request you to contact phone support team for further assistance. 🙂

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Feel free to reach out if need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.